Friday, November 20, 2009

Google Getting too Strong?

Recently I have started getting very, very concerned with how much information Google now has about me. I have been a huge Google fan for some time now. Here are their services I use:
- Search
- Maps
- Mail
- Shopping
- Android
- Chrome
- News
- Translate (for work)
- Blogger
And others that I can't think of right now.

The problem is, that Google at this stage has a lot of history about me. They know what I look for, where I have been, where I spend my time, what I say in my mail, what I might buy, which sites I visit most often, etc. It is all very convenient, but a little scary about what can happen if (when) they decide to start misusing this information.....

Do I need to move to IE and Bing (and rely on MS's incompetence) to protect my anonymity?

No comments:

Post a Comment